VPNs have become more and more relevant in a variety of activities that users engage in when they go online. From simple internet surfing and the use of social media to supporting business processes. VPNs can now be considered as a staple for anyone who uses the internet on a regular basis, which is practically everyone in this day and age.
Other than their security and encryption features, VPNs also have found a niche among gamers in the form of GPNs (Gamers Private Network). A GPN functions to lower the latency (waiting time) between a player and the server client (ping), thus, speeding up a game connection. However, that’s not all. There are several reasons why VPNs are important for gaming.
- Play games, download DLC content, and enjoy access to Xbox Live and PSN exclusives from virtually any country.
- Get early access and play certain games by downloading from countries with earlier launch dates.
- Shorter connection routes between the user and gaming servers can decrease ping conversion and overall in-game lag.
- Protect your data and save files by using an encrypted gaming private network (GPN).
- Spare yourself from DDoS attacks, which are now becoming more common among e-sport tournaments.
- Play using any game server from across the globe when traveling to avoid problematic ping times.
- Join multiplayer games from any region.
- Use servers from anywhere in the world to play with your friends, even if the game asks for a country-specific IP address to play.
- Play a variety of games through the use of apps that are supported by iOS and Android for mobile gaming.
- Connect your router (Asus, D-Link, Linksys, Netduma, Netgear, TP-Link) and all your devices to your capable VPN all at the same time.
- Use a VPN to deal with game latency issues and to achieve better latency gameplay.
The Use of a VPN is a Must for Modern-day Gamers
Gone were the days when 8-bit sprites of plumbers, gorillas, dinosaurs, and hedgehogs took over the screens of a gamer’s dank bedroom. Also, we’ve gone past the days when multiplayer gaming meant having to actually sit next to another person in the room. As the style and dynamics of gameplay have changed immensely, so have the technical needs of gamers to support their gaming.
Nowadays, gamers can play any game with anyone at any time for as long as they have a capable internet connection. And while that is a good thing, it is also the cause of some problems for many gamers because ISPs can throttle connections if bandwidth consumption has gone beyond the usual, which results in a terrible lag or a spotty connection.
With a dedicated VPN service like VPN Surf for gaming, you can avoid getting stopped by your ISP because you get to enjoy lightning-speed connections with 99.9% uptime, which means no time is wasted and you can go on beast mode and dominate at will within the game, at least.
Do you value your privacy online?
Use VPN Surf and surf safely and securely in the open waters of the internet.