A smartphone user without a Facebook account- isn’t it weird in the current generation? Facebook and other social media platforms like WhatsApp, Instagram, and Telegram also occupy every smartphone user's mind. When it comes to Facebook, the relevance of Facebook messenger is inevitable. Despite the appearance of new social media platforms in the tech world, Facebook retained its position, and so did Facebook messenger. Messaging your Facebook friends, followers, relatives has become way more convenient and smarter with Facebook messenger.
Though the primary objective behind the foundation of Facebook was to connect people regardless of their locations. Anyway, the platform evolved a lot with time and became one of the smartest platforms for socializing. The majority of Facebook users are using Facebook to make new friends. Alongside the popularity of Facebook, the craze for Facebook messenger escalated too. Who wants to chat through the Facebook app when a dedicated messaging app is available? Undoubtedly, Facebook messenger is a competent app loved by millions of Facebook users from different parts of the globe.
Anyway, exceptions are there too. Some Facebook users don’t prefer Facebook messenger at all. They want to disable the messenger option on Facebook or uninstall the messenger app by their choices. If you’re one of them, this article will assist you in disabling Facebook messenger.
What are the reasons behind uninstalling or disabling Facebook messenger?
Facebook messenger’s utility is beyond question. Anyway, that doesn’t necessarily mean that everyone needs to enable Facebook messenger. Why are we saying this? Look into the following points to know the reasons-
- Both Facebook and Facebook messenger is addictive, and people spend hours scrolling their Facebook newsfeeds. In Addition, they waste valuable time checking Facebook messages in Messenger all the time. A regular Facebook user must be familiar with the urge to check his Messenger inbox every few minutes. When the habit reaches an addictive extent, it consumes a significant part of a user’s daily life. You skip your daily schedule for texting back to your virtual friends. You keep waiting to hear the notification sound of the Facebook messenger throughout the day, and it becomes a loop. That’s a significant reason why you should disable your Facebook messenger.
- Does your Facebook messenger get flooded with message requests from different users? Well, you’re not alone; almost every Facebook user faces the same issue. You may get annoyed due to the excess number of message requests from Facebook users from different portions of the world. Sometimes, you miss viewing important message requests and messages due to your flooded message request box.
- The latest version of Messenger allows users to create their virtual rooms and add some glimpses of their lifestyles to those rooms. As a user, you may waste hours watching what other users added to their stories and rooms. You keep on following your Facebook friends and lifestyles, but you miss out on so many precious moments and valuable things in your regular life.
- Most Facebook users tend to portray fake personalities on the platform. If you assume that you may find genuine people through Facebook, chances of that happening are pretty low. Moreover, you may fall into the wrong traps as you reply to unknown messages and message requests. Most importantly, chatting via Messenger is not a safe option as Facebook accounts get hacked frequently. Once your Facebook account gets hacked, all your private messages and conversations are going to be leaked. Having chats and conversations with unknown people increases the chances of having your Facebook account hacked.
These are the reasons why you should stay away from using Facebook messenger to message people. Disabling Messenger will help you get rid of unwanted message requests. Now, how do you disable Facebook messenger? The following segment will help you understand the process.
The process to disable Facebook Messenger
Have you thought of deactivating your Facebook account recently? That’s, of course, a great way to eliminate the scrolling and chatting addiction. If you are connected with essential people on Facebook and can’t deactivate the account, disabling Messenger helps you to some extent. Have you encountered trouble while disabling Facebook messenger? The following points will discuss the process minutely-
- On your smartphone, you need to go to the messenger app to disable it. As you have the messenger open, go to chats by tapping on the chat symbol below.
- You will find your profile picture in the top left corner of the page, where you will see a green dot as well. You need to tap on that to proceed further. As you do so, you will get redirected to a new page.
- Scroll down the new page to find the Legal and Policies option at the extreme bottom of the screen. You are supposed to tap on that option, and you will get redirected to a new page.
- On the new page, you will find the option- Deactivate Messenger. Tap the option, and the screen will ask you to input your Facebook password to confirm the deactivation. As you input the correct password, your deactivation request will be processed, and the Messenger will get disabled.
Well, most users think that deactivating Messenger will disable their Facebook accounts too. Well, that’s not the fact. This process described above doesn’t make any changes to your Facebook account. You can use your Facebook account as usual even after disabling Messenger.
How safe is Facebook Messenger in terms of having secure conversations?
Facebook messenger is not at all secure and protected if you intend to have a private conversation with someone. Facebook messenger doesn’t receive high ratings from users when it comes to encrypted conversations. Hackers can break into users’ accounts anytime and can access their private conversations too. Therefore, Facebook messenger can’t be considered a trustworthy platform for having personal and private conversations. Also, anybody can send you message requests and messages through Messenger, and that tends to be annoying and disturbing often.
Disabling Facebook messenger can enhance the quality of living for sure. Spending hours checking messages and replying to those may make you unproductive. You may lose focus, and that is going to damage your reputation in your workplace and wherever you go. So, it’s a better decision to disable Facebook messenger before that becomes your addiction.
This article includes a detailed guide on how you can disable Facebook messenger. The process is quite simple, and it gets more straightforward as you execute the steps mentioned above promptly. So, go through those steps sincerely and get rid of the addiction to Facebook messenger, and increase your living quality.
Do you value your privacy online?
Use VPN Surf and surf safely and securely in the open waters of the internet.