Have you ever been in a situation where you can’t find your phone? We’ve all been there, and it can be incredibly frustrating. Fortunately, Apple has a great tool to help you: the Find My app. With Find My, you can locate your device quickly and easily. In this article, we’ll show you how to use the Find My app to track lost devices. So, let’s get started!
How to Set up “Find My” on iPhone
To get started, you need to open “Settings” and follow the steps below:
- Tap your name.
- Select “Find My”.
- Turn on “Share my location” to reveal your location to friends and family.
- Turn on “Find my network” to make your iPhone’s location visible even when it’s turned off.
- Select “Find my” at the top.
How to find my devices by using iPhone
It’s important to note linked devices to your iPhone will be added to the “Find My” app by default. Take the following steps if you misplace your Apple watch or other Bluetooth devices:
- Open the “Find My” app.
- Select the device you’re looking for.
- Select “Play sound” if the device is nearby.
- Now locate the place the sound is coming from.
How to share my location with my family and friends
To use the “Find my friend” feature, your friends must have a “Find my friends” set up. Take a look at the steps below:
- Open “Find My”.
- Select “people” at the bottom.
- Select “Strat sharing location”.
- Type the name you want to add.
- Tap “Send” at the top.
How to find my iPhone by using “Find my iPhone”
You use the “Find my iPhone” feature in the cloud to locate your iPhone; follow the steps below:
Navigate to your web browser and log in to www.icloud.com.
- Select “Find iPhone”.
- Now you can see the location of your devices.
- Select “play sound” if it’s nearby.
How to find my items with Apple AirTag
Apple AirTag helps you to keep track of your items by attaching them. This way, you know how to find them. Follow the steps below:
- Open “Find My”.
- Navigate to objects at the bottom.
- Then locate the item that you’re looking for.
How do I find my iPhone using the Find My app?
To find your iPhone using the Find My app, open the app and select “Devices” in the bottom right corner. Then, select the device you would like to locate, and a map will appear with its location.
Does the Find My app work if my iPhone is offline?
Yes, the Find My app can still locate your iPhone even if it’s offline. The app will display the last known location of your device before it went offline.
What other features does the Find My app include?
The Find My app includes several other useful features. “Mark as Lost” will put your device into Lost Mode. “Play Sound” will play an audible sound from your device to help you locate it. And “Erase iPhone” will erase your data from the device to protect your privacy.
- Find My was exclusively made and optimized for Apple devices, hoping to make finding lost devices easier.
- Not only can you use Find My to find your lost devices, but you can also share your location with your family and friends.
- The latest Apple product, AirTag, is a decent substitute for Find My and looks like a GPS tracker straight out of a James Bond movie.
People also read:
- How to Hide Your iPhone IP Address
- How to Set up a VPN Connection on iPhone/iPad and Mac
- How to Turn Off VPN on iPhone: Step-by-Step Tutorial
- VPN is not working on iPhone? Here’s how to fix it
Do you value your privacy online?
Use VPN Surf and surf safely and securely in the open waters of the internet.