How to Hide Your iPhone IP Address
How to Hide Your iPhone IP Address
For the uninitiated or the less tech-savvy, hearing the word “IP address” would probably mean nothing, but to those who generally care about privacy and online security, one’s IP address means a great deal.
If you’re wondering why, think of your IP address as your personal address on the web. With this information, other people can trace your activities, whereabouts, and other private information which we bet you’d like to keep away from prying eyes or the general public for your own good. In this post, we focus on the iPhone device, and walk you through the process of hiding your IP address on your device with a VPN such as VPN.surf. Here’s how:
How to Hide Your IP Address on Your iPhone with a VPN
Did you know that every website you visit and every file you access (or download) via the internet is recorded and monitored by your ISP? This means that there is a possibility for third party users to trace your online activities back to you, and this could compromise your privacy and online security in a variety of ways you can think of. This is just one of the many practical reasons why people get a VPN service.
Generally speaking, you need a VPN to hide your IP address online. A VPN can easily do this by encrypting your online traffic which simply means stronger security against hackers, viruses, and government surveillance.
Here’s how you can easily hide your IP address on your iPhone through the use of a VPN:
- Sign up with a VPN service provider which supports iPhone devices through the use of VPN apps.
- Download and install the VPN app on your iPhone.
- Open the application and sign in with your credentials.
- Choose a VPN server that you would like to use and connect to it.
- Check your IP address using WhatIsMyIP.network to see if the change has been applied accordingly.
- You have now successfully hidden your IP address from your ISP and other third party users. Enjoy surfing the web and go about your online activities with safety, security, and peace of mind.
A reliable VPN should be able to mask your IP address effectively, which makes your real location virtually untraceable. This becomes possible when you connect to any server locations offered by your VPN around the globe.
Why Hide Your IP Address in the First Place?
So here’s the thing: whether you’re an Android or iPhone user, you’ll realize that hiding your IP address is something you’re bound to do anyway. By hiding your IP address on the internet, security becomes one less problem you’ll have to worry about. You can just do what you do on the web absolutely freely – just as how it’s supposed to be. Other than for security reasons, hiding your IP also lets you enjoy other benefits such as:
- Safeguarding your private and sensitive information stored on your iOS devices
- Surfing the web anonymously.
- Bypassing any geo-restrictions to various websites and other free content.
- Disabling online censorship imposed by certain countries.
Even if you don’t have anything to hide, there’s no such thing as “too much” when it comes to security. Without you knowing, you can easily be subjected to data breach, identity theft, and other security attacks. You might even get blamed for other people’s cybercrimes. If that’s a risk you wouldn’t want to take (because no one would), getting a reliable VPN service is the only way to go. By hiding your IP address through a VPN on your iPhone, you are liberating yourself from any threat of getting involved in cybercrimes, or the dilemma of getting your sensitive information stolen, compromised, or taken advantage of. Get to know more about how you can protect your data through a VPPN service such as VPN.surf by clicking here.