This article is rather different from all the previous ones. The experience extremely humbles us, yet so proud to say that during the past summer (which we miss SO much!), we collaborated with Surf Camp to host 8 amazing wave therapy sessions for almost 100 lovely autistic children.
Surfers are known worldwide for their amazing skills in catching mesmerizing waves and their ceaseless positive energy for life. But why did we decide to do this?
The reason is simple. The slight billowing of the sea or an ocean affects human beings as a form of meditation which will improve your:
- Physical health - All that paddling gets muscles pumping, resulting in lower blood pressure and resting heart rate.
- Immune system - Regularly immersing in cold water (aka the freezing ocean) has major benefits - it aids in relieving symptoms of various medical conditions!
- Vitamin D levels - A dose of delightful hormones from your time in the sun!
- Sleep - While being outside, a hormone called melatonin in the body increases, which is responsible for a good night's sleep and rest.
- Confidence and self-love - teaching yourself a new skill will set your self-esteem through the roof!
- Get rid of tension & stress - Surfing is a combination of spending time outside, working out, and having fun!
The jolly children in the video are living proof of the pleasant benefits this activity provides for all.
The therapy sessions were designed to promote children’s physical activity and love of sports. The program was successful as it made the kids communicate with each other, work together, play sports, and put smiles on their faces.
Our official partners, Spotas and SurfCamp, are the ones developing this magic - 10 years of experience in training people of all ages how to break waves on the shore of the Baltic Sea.
Do you value your privacy online?
Use VPN Surf and surf safely and securely in the open waters of the internet.