There are many PS4 players globally, and these players are always looking for ways to connect with their international friends. VPN works to fill the gap between players of different countries, but many people have the same concern, 'can you use a VPN on PS4?' Well, yes, you can use a VPN on PlayStation 4.
When you use a VPN on your PS4, certain services will "Unlock". First, you will have a secure "tunnel" online where you can play safely. Second, you can play with other people from different regions while bypassing the geo-restrictions levied in your place. Hence using a VPN on PS4 has got some great benefits.
Advantages of Using a VPN on PS4
Do you have a VPN on your smartphone or PC? If the answer is YES, then you already know the advantages of using a VPN. When you use a VPN on your PS4, the advantages are the same as that one attains when a VPN is installed on a PC:
- Get access to content outside of your region. When you use a VPN, you have created a virtual tunnel, connecting your PS4 to the VPN servers. In a VPN, your PS4 will exist in a Virtual Network. It means you will have access to PlayStation store content not within your region. For instance, if you are in the European region, you can access PS4 content in America.
- If you have a PS4, you probably know or have heard that different PS4 products have different prices. The prices differ from region to region. There could be offers running in some regions, and you might want to grab them. The only way you can enjoy such offers is through a VPN. You will notice that PlayStation products are cheaper within the USA than in regions outside the USA. A VPN, therefore, will ensure that you have a chance to enjoy such offers.
- Using a VPN on your PS4 guarantees enhanced gaming speed. If you have a premium or quality VPN, you can be sure your gaming experience will be fun. When a quality NolagVPN is used, you should expect minimal lags. If an ISP is throttling your connection, you will see the game difference between when connected to the VPN and when you are not. Caution should be taken, however, when you are not using a quality VPN, as it can lead to a slowed gaming experience. Using a no-lag VPN warzone game will be one of your best gaming experiences.
- Guaranteed protection from Distributed Denial of Services (DDOs) attacks. Playing online using your PS4, you are probably connected to a certain gaming server. A DDOs attack overwhelms the server with excess data, limiting access to its resources. When this happens, you cannot access the desired PS4 resources. A VPN, well incorporated and one that does not experience VPN Error 789, can protect you from such attacks by providing an encrypted tunnel to your gaming servers. Your IP address is hidden from attacks so that you will experience the ultimate gaming experience.
- Access to Television content through your PS4. If you are in the USA and have your PS4, you can access available TV content such as Netflix and Hulu. It is not the case with persons outside the USA. Some of the content in these platforms is limited to regions in the US to bypass any restrictions. A quality VPN can be implemented in your PS4 and help you bypass the limitations and enjoy content from your PS4 as though you were in the United States of America.
Considerations of Using VPN on Ps4
Some considerations must be implemented before using a VPN on your PS4. You should be aware of some of the common errors while using a VPN.
- Error 789. VPN Error 789 often occurs in the event one tries to execute a VPN on a PlayStation 4.
- Your region. For instance, if you are in the United States of America, a VPN might not be as useful as using a VPN outside the USA. Most of the content is available in the USA, and there is no need to try and bypass it.
- VPN Protocols. Before you settle for a certain VPN on your PS4, you should be aware of the type of security protocols it offers. The degree of protocols will determine your safety as you use the VPN on your PS4.
- Speed. No one likes slow gaming. We all want a super-fast experience. Then if you deserve the fastest gaming experience, you should consider the speed of the VPN you settled to use on your PS4. Quick encrypting data and VPN Error 789 free on your selected VPN should be a priority while shopping for the right VPN for your PS4.
- Availability of dedicated services. Before settling on a VPN to use on your PS4, you should consider whether your VPN will deliver the desired services. Will you access the services desired even when you are not in a designated region? Will the gaming speed be high enough? These are some of the questions you should ask before choosing your VPN.
- Compatibility of your VPN. A VPN, like any other application, must be compatible with your PS4. Ensure that your PS4 is compatible with the desired VPN and that it supports all major network protocols you will use. It will also limit your encounters with VPN Error 789.
How to Install a VPN to Your Ps4 Using a Router
To perform the below steps, you need a WIFI Router with you. Here's a quick guide on how to install a VPN to your PS4 using a router
- Go to the XMB menu of Your PS4.
- Go to settings, then network settings, and select set up internet connection.
- A prompt will come up; choose, Use WI-FI, and select easy when prompted.
- From the SSID options, select your Wi-Fi and key in your credentials.
- Be keen to enable, do not use a proxy server, accept all other following settings, and finally, test your connection to see if they work.
- If the test results are positive, you will have succeeded in connecting your PS4 to a VPN.
How to Install a VPN on Your PS4 Using a Computer
Using your computer to install a VPN is the cheapest way to have a VPN running on your PS4. In this kind of setup, you do not have to worry about a router. The following guide will provide the necessary steps. In a case where you do not have an Ethernet port, you can still use USB to Ethernet adaptors, which are as effective as direct Ethernet adaptors.
Guide to Installing a VPN in Your PS4 Using a Computer
- You will need to sign-up for your VPN of choice.
- Once on the VPNs website, download it, then install it on your PC.
- Make a connection between your PC and your PS4. In this type of connection, make use of an Ethernet Cable.
- Once connected, go to the control panel on your PC and open the network and sharing center.
- Now click Change adapter settings, and right-click on the VPN connection. This one should be on your Windows PC.
- Turn your VPN Connection ON, click on properties, share, and allow other network users to connect through your computer network option.
- At this stage, you can have a home networking connection. From the home networking connection, select your Ethernet connection.
- Make a connection to the VPN server as needed. You will use your VPN client application installed on your PC.
- Once done, start your PS4, and on your PS4's main menu, go to settings, then network settings. Under network settings, click on set up internet connection.
- Should a prompt appear, choose to use a LAN cable and go with an easy setup, where you will confirm not to use a proxy server.
- Accept all settings as prompted and select and click on test connection. This will help you determine that the connection is working.
- If the steps were followed, you would have installed the VPN on your PS4.
How to Install a VPN to Your PS4 Using a Mac
You can also use your Mac to connect your Ps4 to a VPN. Here's a quick guide on How to Install a VPN on Your PS4.
- Ensure you have downloaded and installed your VPN of choice on your Mac.
- Connect your Mac and PS4 using an Ethernet cable.
- From system preferences on Mac, click on sharing.
- On the sharing page that appears, select internet sharing, and click on share your connection from the sharing options.
- Here, you will select the source of your internet.
- Click on the computer user from the drop-down menu, and choose Ethernet from the options presented.
- Enable internet sharing.
- Start from the VPN installed on your Mac and have it connect to the desired VPN server.
- Once connected, go to your PS4 XMB menu. Go to settings, then network settings. Then click on set up internet connection.
- From the internet connection options, click on use a LAN cable. Leave the connection method as easy.
- Leave not use a proxy server enabled.
- Accept all other following settings, and finally, accept the test connection.
- If the connection test is a success, you will have connected your PS4 to a VPN via your Mac.
It is easy to use a VPN on PS4, but it is essential to follow the step-by-step procedure carefully. We hope this article was helpful, as we have shared all the processes of installing a VPN on PS4 from different devices. Feel free to share it with the rest of the gaming community. We are sure they will love you for doing it.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. How to use VPN on PS4?
You can set up a VPN on your PS4 with the help of your PC or router. With the steps mentioned here, you can easily set up a VPN on your PS4.
2. Can I put NordVPN on my PS4?
Yes. You can install all gaming devices, including PS4, using the NordVPN application.
3. How do I use a free VPN on PS4?
You can use a free VPN on your PS4 by following these steps (using Ethernet):
- Download a free VPN
- Connect your PlayStation to your computer
- Go to the network and sharing center
- Share your VPNs connection
- Connect your VPN
- Set up your PS4 connection
- Start gaming
4. Can I use a phone VPN for PS4?
I believe it can be. You will need an integrated VPN installed and an integrated PDANet+ solution on both the sharing and tethered devices.
5. How do I enable Express VPN on PS4?
- Download and install ExpressVPN for Windows on your PC
- Connect your PC to your PS4 using the ethernet cable
- Go to Control Panel and click on Network and Sharing Center.
- Hover to the left sidebar and click on Change Adaptor Settings
- Right-click on ExpressVPN and select Properties > Sharing
- You would see a box that says: Allow other Network users to connect through this Computer's Internet connection. Click it.
- Find the Home Networking Connection drop-down menu. Select Ethernet connection.
- Open ExpressVPN and connect to a server.
- Turn on your PS4. Go to Settings > Network Settings.
- Click on Setup Internet Connection. Choose 'Use a LAN Cable' when prompted.
- Choose Easy for connection method Choose. Do Not Use a Proxy Server when asked.
- Accept the settings and click on Test Connection to be sure it's working.
That's the procedure for setting up using a PC. Do take note that this procedure is for Windows PC.
6. How do I change my VPN location on PS4?
Your computer and PS4 should be connected. Once the connection is set, you can change the location by turning OFF the VPN application on your computer and selecting a new location. Once the new location is selected, turn it back on, and your VPN connection on your PS4 will be changed.
7. Does VPN improve gaming?
It doesn't matter what type of game you enjoy; if any of the games you play (on any platform) connect to the internet, it's a good idea to use a VPN to maintain your privacy and security.
8. Can you use a VPN on the console?
Since your console gets its internet connection from your router, this is the first device in the chain that could provide a VPN connection. Many modern routers support a VPN connection.
9. What is the best proxy server for PS4?
SSL Private Proxy Is one of the best PS4 proxy server providers for online gaming because it can offer you super secure, dedicated IP addresses in multiple cities and subnets.
Learn more about VPN:
- How to get a VPN?
- How A VPN Helps With Your Privacy
- Is Your VPN Not Connecting? Here’s Why
- Best VPN to use for Binance
Do you value your privacy online?
Use VPN Surf and surf safely and securely in the open waters of the internet.